Now that I have decided to install Home Assistant on my own server, what kind of hardware should it be?
I looked at a few different options see below:
- Intel Nuc or something similar.
- Asus PN51 or similar.
- Raspberry Pi 4B 4Gb or 8Gb variant.
- Or maybe continue in the virtual environment.
In the end, it became a Raspberry PI 4B. I think I chose it because it is allways a fun project to use that platform. Also, it was because I found a chassis from GeekWorm that I really liked.
The hardware I wanted was as follows:
- Raspberry Pi 4B 4Gb because I did not manage to get an 8Gb variant, they were completely sold out in Sweden. But I can always upgrade if it is necessary.
- Geekworm X825-C8
- Geekworm Raspberry Pi 4 X735 V2.5
- GeeekPi Raspberry Pi 4 SATA Storage
- Geekworm Raspberry Pi 4 11mm Embedded Heatsink (P165-B)
- Noctua NF-A4x10 5V PWM
- LEICKE 5V 8A 40W Power Supply Adapter
- Western Digital WD BLUE WDS100T2B0A 3D NAND SATA SSD
These links are from swedish sites. There are many different variants to choose from if you want a chassi from GeekWorm.
Look at their website https://geekworm.com/collections/raspberry-pi.
What was left was to order and be happy 🙂